macrolifehealthcare aims to provide information for the industrial, design, medical, healthcare and technology communities worldwide and to provide information, news, reviews and a forum for ideas, debate and learning, and to facilitate interaction between all parts of these communities worldwide.
macrolifehealthcare hopes that you find this Website relevant, commercially and personally useful, and stimulating. It is important to macrolifehealthcare that copyright and other laws, and principles of intellectual integrity are observed. macrolifehealthcare also hopes that any business conducted independently between parties as a result of introduction through this Website is conducted professionally, courteously, ethically, and in compliance with the laws that apply to them in their location.
macrolifehealthcare looks to Users to help keep the standards high. If you see a contribution that you believe may breach the copyright of another person, or may be using the ideas of others without proper acknowledgment,
News-Medical is intended to be open by nature. Participants are likely to come from the tens of millions who comprise the diverse worldwide science, healthcare and technology community, including industry professionals, academics, technical journalists, students, government officials and engaged individuals.
Given the forum’s open nature, macrolifehealthcare has been advised that it can only remain viable if all risk (except as specifically required by law) remains with Participants and other third parties. Therefore, macrolifehealthcare requires all Participants to accept these Website Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) as a precondition of their participation. Use of this Website in any way or capacity constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Becoming a Participant
Users may become Participants by use of the Website or by any registration procedures shown on the Website, including acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Persons wishing to become Contributors are warmly invited to submit material for consideration to be included as Content for the Website. To ensure the highest editorial standards, macrolifehealthcare may from time to time request information from persons submitting material and reserves the right to reject any submitted material.
Persons may be invited to become Freelance Contributors and macrolifehealthcare may request further information from applicants and reserves the right to reject any applicant.
macrolifehealthcare reserves the right to modify the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and advises the User to refer to them each time you use or access the Website.
These Terms and Conditions govern all Participants use of the Website. If you are a Content provider, Contributor, Expert or Supplier there will be additional terms and conditions, which govern that legal relationship.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- NO LIABILITY REGARDING CONTENT & AUTHORSHIP macrolifehealthcare expects to attract Content from a wide variety of sources, and macrolifehealthcare has limited capability to thoroughly verify the accuracy or authorship of Content, and largely relies on the word of contributors. You acknowledge and agree that:
- The Content (including opinions, ideas, products, information, statistics and representations) is not, and should not be regarded as, endorsed or guaranteed by macrolifehealthcare in any way, or relied upon as a substitute for professional advice. In respect of Content, macrolifehealthcare accepts no responsibility, and liability in this respect is expressly disclaimed.
- Any representations regarding authorship of any work forming part of the Content must not be inferred as any endorsement by macrolifehealthcare:
- That the person named as author of any work is necessarily a true and complete representation of authorship of the relevant work;
- That the person named as author has the legal right to submit the work for inclusion on the Website without unlawfully infringing Intellectual Property rights of any other person; and
- That any work within the Website is necessarily the original work of the person named as author and macrolifehealthcare expressly excludes all liability in respect of any breaches of the above.
- Users accept that macrolifehealthcare may receive financial compensation to produce Content derived from information provided by Suppliers.
- USING EXPERTS macrolifehealthcare expects the Website to contain from time to time links to Experts or organizations who provide expert services, opinions and who may be available to provide various services to Users and accordingly:
- macrolifehealthcare neither makes nor endorses any representations or claims regarding the experience, competence, qualifications or suitability of any Experts to meet the needs of a particular User.
- macrolifehealthcare expressly excludes all liability to Participants in relation to any service provided by any Expert engaged pursuant to an introduction via the Website, including but not limited to:
- Any liability to Users in respect of any wrong committed or alleged, whether arising in either contract, tort, statutory duty or otherwise, by an Expert in the provision of any service to a User; and
- Any liability to Experts in respect of any failure by any User to pay fees and disbursements for any services provided by Experts to Users.
- NO LIABILITY REGARDING EQUIPMENT RELATED CONTENT macrolifehealthcare works with Suppliers and third parties to provide product listings and reviews across a wide variety of science, technology, medical and life science disciplines, consequently:
- macrolifehealthcare neither makes nor endorses any representations or claims related to quality, reliability, certifications or suitability of any product listed on macrolifehealthcare to meet the needs of a particular User.
- macrolifehealthcare expressly excludes all liability to Participants in relation to any product provided by any Suppler engaged pursuant to an introduction via the Website, including but not limited to:
- Any liability to Users in respect of any wrong committed or alleged, whether arising in either contract, tort, statutory duty or otherwise, by a Supplier in the provision of any service to a User; and
- Any liability to Suppliers in respect of any failure by any User to pay fees and disbursements for any products provided by Suppliers to Users
- SPECIFIC DISCLAIMER RELATING TO MEDICAL INFORMATION
- macrolifehealthcare site News-Medical.net contains articles on many medical topics; however, no warranty is provided that any of the articles are accurate. There is absolutely no assurance that any statement contained or cited in any supplied Content referencing medical conditions, treatments, devices or similar content is true, correct, precise, or up-to-date. Articles may be written, in part or in whole, by editorial staff or freelancers who are not health care professionals. Even if a statement made about drugs, medical treatments or devices is accurate, it may not apply to you or your symptoms. AT ALL TIMES SEEK PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE BEFORE ACTING ON ANY INFORMATION YOU READ ON NEWS-MEDICAL.NET.
- News Medical uses imagery under license from Thinkstock.com, Shutterstock.com and Photos.com as well as other sources under applicable creative commons licenses, which may not be an accurate representation of medical conditions, procedures or related activities.
- macrolifehealthcare‘s COMMISSION macrolifehealthcare hereby discloses that a commission, advertising or listing fee may be payable by Suppliers, Service providers or Experts to macrolifehealthcare for incorporating related Content on the Website and for any business placed with them as a result of an introduction of a client through the Website.
- USE OF WEBSITE In any capacity as a Participant, whether as a User (Individual or Corporate), advertiser, agent of an advertiser, Expert or Contributor, you agree to not participate in the Website (including but not limited to submission of Content and entering any arrangement for provision of service between User and Expert) as follows:
- To engage in any activity that is unlawful, harmful or threatening (including to minors), tortious, invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise objectionable;
- To misrepresent information about yourself, including your identity (whether by giving a fictitious name or the name of another person), contact details, qualifications, affiliation with any entity etc;
- To misrepresent yourself as the owner or authorized licensee of intellectual property in any work or thing, or as the author of any work;
- To transmit or otherwise deal with any Content that infringes the intellectual property of any person, including macrolifehealthcare;
- To transmit any material that contains software viruses, malware, ransomware or other material that may limit the functionality of any software or hardware or other equipment;
- To do anything which may impair the functionality of the Website;
- To do anything, which may in the opinion of the site operator, lead to a breach of the best practice guidelines of major search engines and /or behave in any manner which may artificially inflate visitors to the site or clicks on any advertisements;
- To breach any relevant law in the jurisdiction where you operate;
- To breach any part of these Terms and Conditions, including any directions forming part of the Website.
- To do anything which in the opinion of macrolifehealthcare damages or could potentially damage the reputation and standing in the community of macrolifehealthcare and any Related Parties.Without limiting available legal remedies, macrolifehealthcare reserves the right to deny access to any, and all of their systems, databases and websites at their absolute discretion and/or cancel the participation of any person, corporate entity, advertiser or advertising agent who engages in any of the above activities. On such cancellation, macrolifehealthcare may take any necessary action, including cancellation of any password and the removal of any Content or advertising Materials provided by them.
- RIGHT TO MODIFY THE SERVICE Without notice and without accepting liability to you in this regard:
- macrolifehealthcare may modify or discontinue the Website (or any part), including any associated service (whether temporarily or permanently); and
- macrolifehealthcare may amend these Terms and Conditions, except in relation to privacy and security affecting pre-existing Participants, where such changes are detrimental to those to whom an existing duty of privacy and security are owed.
- PROPERTY RIGHTS OF macrolifehealthcare AND OTHERS
- You acknowledge and agree that the Website contains material that is the Intellectual Property of macrolifehealthcare and others. Without limitation, Intellectual Property rights may subsist in parts of the Content, in software, domain names and trademarks of macrolifehealthcare and any advertisers, Suppliers, Experts, Content providers and strategic partners.
- Unless authorized by the legitimate owner or licensee of the relevant intellectual property, you agree:
- Not to do any act in breach of the intellectual property laws of Australia or the jurisdiction where you live, including without limitation, copy, distribute, or create derivative works based on the relevant material.
- To fully indemnify macrolifehealthcare and any Related Party for any loss damage or cost incurred in relation to such breach caused by you.
- ANY DIRECTIONS FORM PART OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS The Website may, from time to time, contain directions regarding its use, which also may be modified from time to time. Any such directions are deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions, and any breach thereof shall be considered a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- REMEDIES No remedy conferred by any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions is intended to be exclusive of any other remedy which is otherwise available at law, in equity, by statute or otherwise. The election of any one or more of such remedies by any of the parties hereto shall not constitute a waiver by such party of the right to pursue any other available remedy.
- SEVERANCE Any provision in these Terms and Conditions which is invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is to be read down for the purposes of that jurisdiction, if possible, so as to be valid and enforceable, and otherwise capable of being severed to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability, without affecting the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions or affecting the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
- SURVIVAL OF RIGHTS, DUTIES AND OBLIGATION
- Termination of these Terms and Conditions or cessation of participation in the Website by a Participant shall not release a party from any liability which at the time of termination has already accrued to another party or which thereafter may accrue in respect of any act or omission prior to such termination.
- Each indemnity in these Terms and Conditions is a continuing obligation, separate and independent from the other indemnities and survives termination of these Terms and Conditions or cessation of participation by a Participant.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- These Terms and Conditions embody the entire understanding and agreement between the parties as to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
- No oral explanation or information provided by any party or its officer, employee, agent or adviser to another:
- affects the meaning or interpretation of these Terms and Conditions; or
- constitutes any collateral agreement, warranty or understanding between any of the parties.
- No waiver of any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions by a party shall be effective unless made in writing addressed to the other parties and duly signed by the party making the waiver.
- MUTUAL AGREEMENTThe parties recognize that it is impracticable to make provision for every contingency that may arise in the course of performance of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and accordingly declare their intention that these Terms and Conditions shall operate among them with fairness and covenant and agree with each other that they shall act reasonably at all times in carrying out their respective obligations and use all reasonable endeavors to ensure that full effect be given to the terms of these Terms and Conditions in the spirit in which it was agreed.
- ASSIGNMENTThese Terms and Conditions shall be binding on the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns.
- NO PARTNERSHIPUnless otherwise specifically agreed in writing, nothing in these Terms and Conditions or in your participation in the Website in any capacity imply any relationship between macrolifehealthcare and you other than that of service provider and customer. No relationship of agency, partnership, joint venture, employment, or franchise shall be construed.
- NOTICEAny notice to you or to macrolifehealthcare shall be made by either e-mail or regular mail.
- FURTHER ASSURANCE Each party shall promptly execute all documents and do all things that any other party from time to time reasonably requires of it to effect, perfect or complete the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and any transaction contemplated by it.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTIONThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, and where Commonwealth jurisdiction applies, the laws of Australia. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of New South Wales and the Australian Commonwealth shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute, which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Except for the right of either party to apply to a court of competent jurisdiction for an injunction or other provisional remedy to preserve the status quo or prevent irreparable harm, the parties will endeavor first to resolve any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions among themselves prior to resorting to any other method.
- If the parties are unable to resolve the dispute, controversy or claim within 30 days, either party may submit such dispute, controversy or claim to conciliation administered by the Australian Commercial Disputes Centre Limited (the Centre) conducted and held in accordance with the conciliation rules of the Centre in force at the date of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event that the dispute, controversy or claim has not been resolved within 30 days (or such period as agreed in writing between the parties) after the appointment of the conciliator by the parties, the dispute, controversy or claim shall be submitted to arbitration administered by the Centre conducted and held in accordance with the rules of the Institute of Arbitrators Australia for the conduct of commercial arbitrations. Arbitration shall be conducted by an expert appointed by the Centre. Notwithstanding anything else contained in these Terms and Conditions the Commercial Arbitration Act 1984 (NSW) shall apply to any arbitration referred to in this clause.
- ‘Content’ means all content of the Website, including articles published on the Website, but excludes any content on any other website not operated by macrolifehealthcare to which a hyperlink may be provided on the Website.
- ‘Contributor’ means any person or User who submits material for inclusion as Content on the Website, whether the author or otherwise of that material.
- ‘Expert’ means any person contactable through the Website for provision of advisory and related services to Users. Authors, Editors and the Suppliers of related goods and services may also act in the capacity of “Experts”.
- ‘Intellectual Property’ means all intellectual property rights, whether registered or unregistered anywhere in the world, including:
- patents, copyright, rights in circuit layouts, registered designs, trademarks and the right to have confidential information kept confidential; and
- any application or right to apply for registration of any of those rights.
- ‘Participant’ means a Contributor, Expert or User, and includes a person who may take part in the Website more than one of these capacities.
- ‘Related Parties’ means in respect of macrolifehealthcare, its successors and assigns, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other strategic partners, contractors and employees, and the successors and assigns of any of them.
- ‘Supplier’ means suppliers of related goods and services.
- ‘User’ means any member of the public who registers with macrolifehealthcare o access Content and to generally operate the website.
- ACKNOWLEDGE YOU ARE OVER 18 OR IF NOT, HAVE PARENTAL CONSENT You acknowledge that as a Particular either:
- You are 18 years of age or over, or
- You are under 18 years of age but have the permission of a parent, guardian or other person with parental responsibility for you to use this Website.